I've been a smoker since I was 15 years old. Yeah I know stupid right? Truth is I quit when I got pregnant with both my boys. I quit cold turkey for at least 14 months with each one. Then something in my life would be stressful and I'd start smoking again.
I'm not pregnant and I still very much want to smoke but I am 27 years old. Im not getting any younger its time for me to kick this habit once and for all. As of right now it's been 9 hours since I have smoked. (If I make it through the night it'll be 25 by the time you are reading this).
I have eaten like a pig today and been very on edge but I know I have this. I may be an emotional wreck before this is all over but I know its time. With anything I need to list my whys...because without a reason to keep going what's the point?
- I want to run a half marathon, Im tapping out at 5.2 miles right now. I know I could go further.
- My teeth, they are already bad and I need to see a dentist but the nicotine is only making them worse.
- My kids. My mom was a smoker and well I started smoking at 15, I don't want that for my kids.
- My skin...hey I think Im getting wrinkles.
- CANCER... I dont want it and I shouldnt be doing something that increases my risk.
- I want to be healthy inside and out
Okay ladies give me the tough love and any tips. I want to do this cold turkey...wish me luck!