How I got rid of baby fever..

Monday, June 16, 2014

So lately all of my friends are posting adorable newborn pictures, engagement pictures, wedding pictures and then I look at my little ones and well they're not so little anymore. I started getting baby fever and then I started thinking of future baby names and how cute our kid would be. I have all this going on in my head so of course I'm dropping hints to Mike ever so carefully.

Yea I am the queen of subtle y'all! So as he slowly backs away from me scared to make any sudden movements because I've obviously ventured into crazy girlfriend land he does something that was so incredibly sweet. No baby but here's a newborn orphan kitty! He found him on the side of a busy highway and well he couldn't just leave him there.
I was like OMG hes cute I love him can I keep him Can I name him... hello Brittney is going off the deep end again!

Well hes only about 3 weeks old so he cannot go potty by himself or eat by himself which I didn't think was too bad how much trouble could it be ya know?

OMG I do believe this cat cries louder than a newborn, and he has to be syringe fed every 4 hours and I have to simulate mama cat licking him (I do it with wet wash cloth ew dont be disgusting) to get him to use the bathroom.

Every 4 hours

MEEEEOOOOWWWW MEEEOOOWWWWW

okay I can do this... roll over feed him now go back to sleep kitty. Nooo now kitty thinks its play time at 3:00 in the morning and decides my face is a great place to walk all over.

By the time my alarm clock went off at 5am I think I have had 2 hours of sleep and Im now entering a dangerous place because when I don't sleep... Im not a nice person. I threw my phone across the bedroom. Quickly handed Mike the kitten and went to go exercise.



Long story short I dont want to get up all hours of the night, I dont want to change diapers and warm bottles and lose precious precious alone time by having another baby right now... It may sound selfish but I don't care



Baby fever is gone, boyfriend is happy, and thankfully kitties grow much faster than human babies and this won't last very long.

22 comments

  1. Haha! Well I guess that's a good way to solve baby fever. And you can give the cat away to another home if you need to. It's not as easy to do that with babies! Also I really didn't think you were licking the cat until you said something but then I pictured it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!!!! First, I am so happy that you are giving this adorable kitty a place to call home!! I love my cat to pieces, even if he is meowing at 5am for food......(que squirt bottle being sprayed his way to keep him quite for another 15 minutes, I swear he's like an alarm clock with a snooze button). But then when they come over and nuzzle you or cuddle on your lap you forget all about how irritating they were at 5am. :) What did you name your adorable kitty?

    ReplyDelete
  3. For real baby animals are so much work! But even with ten puppies and a one year old in the house my womb is crying for another one....why? Because I am legit insane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. I experienced ALL of this when I adopted my two cats as orphaned kittens forever (8 years) ago! That phase was over so quick though, and now I miss that short time when I could hold the both of them in one hand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a kid but I want to have a job first and I want me and my man to be financially ready. He already has a kid by a previous marriage. and he's such a great father. But yet having a animal will help with that too. My fur baby here he's actually my moms but we claim him all. He whines more than a newborn and he's almost 8 yrs old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, that kitten is absolutely adorable! Nothing like a pet to curb baby fever. I didn't have baby fever when I got my dog but it certainly confirmed that decision for the time being. haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet little face. Poor thing! It does sound like a lot of work, but that face!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG a wittle baby kitty, how sweet!! I never really have had baby fever because I am the oldest of 6 kids and I've seen wayyyy too much to want kids for a few more years! haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. i hung out with a puppy all weekend and it was enough to curb my baby fever for a few years

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I never really have had baby fever because I like to sleep during the night and not cleaning diapers...and being selfish. Raising two puppies and now a kitten has been enough for me! Plus, I can stick them in their crates and leave all day with no worries. And...beer.

    Your little kitty is super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha This made me laugh. Babies are definitely tough for the first year! Past that, I'm not sure yet... but I'm glad your fever is gone. At least he's cute? lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw Britt you're doing such an amazing thing by doing this though. Thank you. That kitten needs love and comfort right now and you are really providing it. They grow fast, he'll be over it in no time. This happened to me and my family in 2008. A small kitten randomly appeared in my backyard. We fed him and everything through a bottle. Now he is a healthy mess! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO CUTE!!! I get over baby fever by playing with my boyfriend's niece...It's nice to be able to leave at the end of the day haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. A good friend of mines JUST had her baby last Sunday AND I'll be a first time aunt in October! I think I'm covered as far as baby fever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too funny!!! But hes sooooooooooooo cute!!! Might increase my fever! haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh cats. They're so cute until I remember that my cat likes to wake up at 4am, hogs the blankets, and smells up the house with her poop.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww kitty is so cute!! But yes all of that up there sounds pretty awful. I don't blame you, I read this and thought the same thing, geez, I'm selfish. I'm ok with that though :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hahaha, love it! But, your kitten is soo adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. haha too cute!! i value my sleep. my pup thinks otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't help but laugh. I was thinking before I even got to the meat of the post.. oh she isn't going to be happy in the morning. We use to have a kitten in the house until she decided she hated all of us, escaped and found refuge in one of our sheds. We can't even get close to her.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We had one really rough night with my daughter last week. Normally she sleeps pretty great. So that kind of put a hold on my baby fever for awhile. Until tonight when I get to play with a really young baby again...

    ReplyDelete

If you notice I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**